Thursday, April 17, 2014

mast work

ragged edge where the mast bent/broke.

This morning I started working on the mast from the Venture.  I had to take all the rigging off as well as the wiring for the masthead light and the steaming light.  I then cut it with a hack saw where it had been bent.  Now I have 2 pieces.  Soon I will cut those off clean, minus 2 or 3 feet on the upper portion.  That piece will serve as the inner sleeve to join the 2 pieces together.  I think I will cut or grind away the track and make a cut lengthwise along the front of the sleeve piece.  This will hopefully allow it to fit inside the other 2 pieces.  Then it will all be fastened.  I am sure it will be much more difficult than it sounds.  It will be an interesting experiment

No comments:

Post a Comment