Pages

Saturday, April 6, 2013

More Paint, The Sam Pram, "TARTLET"

Paint can change the entire feeling of a boat.  I am working with a color that might have been considered outside of my comfort zone, but I really like it.  The boat is basically done.  I guess the next thing is to see how it floats.
Presenting The Sam Pram, "TARTLET".

I think the color works alright combined with the white paint and bright work.  Benjamin Moore calls this "Northern Lights", I think it is
pistachio!
My single sheet of plywood challenge has been accomplished!
Now it is just about sanding and adding coats
of paint and varnish.
Tomorrow we might see how it does when wet!

I got a nice note from a friend about this little boat, in the form of a quote:


"Wynken, Blynken and Nod one night
Sailed off in a wooden shoe.
Sailed on a river of crystal light,
Into a sea of dew."

I don't know who wrote that.  I'll have to ask him.

No comments:

Post a Comment