Pages

Saturday, November 15, 2014

Table cabinet is done!

Today I installed the cabinet/shelf/table mount.
New folding table/cabinet.
The cabinet is made from oak shelving that I found discarded.  It is on the heavy side but not to a fault, just so that it feels substantial.  The back of the cabinet is paneled with the same wood that I milled down and put a bevel on the edges.  I don't have the means to make a tongue and groove joint, but the bevel seems to work fine.
The cabinet is attached to the shelf above it with 4 bolts and to the back rest of the settee with 2 screws. It joins all these pieces together and make them stronger.
The fiddle has to be stained and varnished yet
I will probably make a fiddle that goes half way up the cabinet for those times when sailing rail down.  I am still playing with the idea of making some doors to close up the whole space, but it seems a bit much for such a small space.
The new cabinet and folding table mount.

No comments:

Post a Comment