Pages

Monday, April 16, 2012

Costs

I don't think I mentioned that the price of parts ordered from Duckworks, clothe for putting the fiberglass on the bottom and the oar locks of the skiff instantly doubled the total cost of the boat.  Now, buying paint, I think it will raise it that same amount again.

I spent about $70 bucks on fiberglass clothe and bronze oar locks and sockets from Duckworks.

Today I spent about $50 on paint from the local hardware store.  I already had the primer so that cost was avoided.  I am sure I will need a little more paint before launch.  I have varnish, I think, so I hope to avoid that expense.

The thing that seems funny is that it is already a boat, it will float, but it won't last as long or look as pleasing until this stuff gets put on.  It is the preservation and vanity that cost the most.  Very interesting.

I guess it could be worse.
Now that's a paint job!

No comments:

Post a Comment