Pages

Friday, September 21, 2012

Fall project

So, Sew!

I am set to work stitching up the sail.  In the end I decided on a Sprit sail rig.  The 7'6" foot will keep the clew at the aft end of the cockpit and leave about 2'6" to the end of the boat to get a good sheet angle.
This will make a good Fall/winter project while I get the shop in order.  A little music, coffee, and maybe a fire on the cold days.  I am not in a hurry and want to enjoy the time just working on the sail.
the stubby mast with it's sail to be laid out!

Hand sewing the sail. 
The shop table makes a good sewing bench.
round stitch, with one layer of corner patch.

clothes pins work great to hold the edge down.
A second hand wind scoop, meant to send air down a hatch, will make a nice downwind light air sail, I hope.




No comments:

Post a Comment