|rudder from another boat just for size.|
|reclaimed cedar decking being glued up for a rudder.|
I am sticking with the Gorilla Glue for the adhesive and the cedar decking is already in use on the boat. I may offset the cedar with yellow pine cheek blocks, or the luan plywood, but I haven't decided yet. I'd like the cedar to be varnished.
It was extremely pleasant to be working on this boat again and to be in the shop again. I hope to get the boat out for a row soon, maybe tomorrow. After the winter dealing only with the Venture I had forgotten how fond I am of these boats that I made with my own hands. Makes me kind of wonder why I ever bothered to get another fiberglass boat.
Speaking of the Venture, I found some scrap aluminum in the shop today, some plate, some tube. I think that it might be usable as the joint for the mast so that I don't have to cut down the mast anymore. If this works out then I will have only lost a foot of mast height, which may mean that I won't have to recut any of the sails.